NAFASI YA KAZI MONITORING, LEARNING & EVALUATION SUPPORT OFFICER(LRP) PCI
Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation Support Officer (LRP)
Tracking Code 563-566
PCI is a non-profit organization with a mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger and overcome hardship. Our vision is that the most vulnerable people in the world will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and will create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and in the future. In Tanzania PCI has operated a number of programs in the education, health, agriculture and community development sectors.
Project Concern International (PCI) was recently awarded a 2-year United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) funded Local and Regional Food Aid Procurement (LRP), called Chakula Chetu. Chakula Chetu will provide daily school meals to 16,135 students in 16 schools located in Butiama District in the Mara Region of Tanzania, using locally purchased commodities, and will foster a network of stakeholders (market actors, schools, parents, farmers, and communities) to build sustainable capacity for a transition to locally-led school feeding.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
• To develop and implement the monitoring and evaluation plan, including systems and tools for data collection, analysis, verification and reporting, in collaboration with program staff and relevant stakeholders.
• To provide regular feedback on progress against targets to inform and achieve intended program outputs and outcomes.
• To build capacity of program staff and stakeholders to implement MLE activities and integrate timely and accurate project data to enhance respective program/ project planning and decision making.
• The position is based in Butiama and reports to the Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MLE) Manager.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Develop Monitoring and Evaluation Plan
• In collaboration with the program team, review, update, and build upon previously designed M&E strategy documents to develop and implement an effective M&E plan for the project, in accordance with the project design, approved indicators and targets, and in PCI’s standard template and procedures, including results framework, IPTT, PMEP, data collection tools, project database, M&E training plan, and feedback and reporting mechanism.
• Establish/strengthen monitoring & evaluation systems to ensure projects are moving towards achieving the intended goals and objectives.
• Support the coordination, design and implementation of project evaluations, including baseline assessments and special studies.
• Collaborate with MLE Manager and headquarters MLE, and be familiar with internationally recognized indicators and standards for measurement.
• Collaborate with MLE Manager to ensure that all PCI programmatic staff understand and are capable of carrying out their MLE responsibilities as they implement the program.
• Coordinate with headquarters MLE staff on M&E strategy and plans, implementation progress, data quality issues and other M&E activities on a regular basis.
• In collaboration with headquarters technical staff, coordinate the use of mobile technology enabled data collection for field M&E staff and enumerators.
Implement M&E Plan
• Support staff and stakeholders to understand the project’s data collection tools, as well as types, sources and frequency of data to be collected for the project.
• Oversee data collection, entry, analysis, verification and report production on project activities.
• Support project staff to collect, consolidate, and organize project data to ensure timely, accurate and comprehensive reporting.
• Refine data collection and measurement tools when need arise to ensure user friendly, efficient and appropriate data collection processes to achieve project objectives.
• Facilitate periodic data verification through routine data quality verifications and site visits
• Support the design and implementation of the baseline assessment, mid-term and final evaluations, and market assessments as appropriate
• Collaborate with MLE Manager to oversee the implementation of quality M&E activities at the school, district and project level.
• Engage program team and headquarters MLE to review the PMP and IPTT
• Coordinate with Commodity Logistics Coordinator on specific and relevant function, inputs and reports related to PCI’s commodity tracking software, GPath.
• Collaborate with MLE Manager, and MLE and Database Support Officers to maintain electronic information management systems (Jawabu) with all relevant project information and needed data.
• Supervise hired data entry clerks.
• Collaborate with MLE Manager to support M&E related activities in other PCI projects such as FFE III.
Reporting and Communication
• Support District Councils to monitor and analyse project progress, achievements and challenges regularly, and provide feedback and updates to project team on a minimum monthly basis.
• Participate in project team meetings and relevant District Council meetings to improve coordination and communication regarding all aspects of MLE for the project and District Council requirements.
• Support District Councils to identify, document and share best and promising practices, and develop and implement a dissemination strategy.
• Prepare consolidated monthly progress reports and work plans that integrate communication activities in close collaboration with the program team and District Council.
• Support PCI Regional Office and RAS office on MLE related issues
• Ensure project reports (progress and donor-required reports, including success stories and best practices) are timely prepared and submitted for further review before submitted to the donor.
Innovation and Creativity
• Contribute new ideas in solving various program/organization related issues.
• Play roles in implementing new ideas as agreed.
• University degree (Bachelor's degree in related field, or six years related experience and/or training; or Master degree) in social science, with substantive expertise in monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, including knowledge of common statistical software packages.
• Strong English writing skills to prepare reports, promotional materials and oral presentations
• At least 5 years’ experience developing and managing educational communications and public information programs including: developing and creating data visualizations to communicate program achievements and apply learning’s., and monitoring outcomes of the communications activities.
• Strong understanding and up-to-date technical knowledge of best practices in monitoring and evaluation. Knowledge and experience in mobile phone technology platforms preferred.
• Experience and capacity in institutionalizing ML&E systems and standards
• Experience with data collection, management, analysis, and report production
• Experience in market assessments and analysis, including monitoring of crop prices.
• Experience with capacity building of project staff, partners, government officials, community leaders, and community-based organizations.
• A first review of candidates will take place after November 10th, 2017
• PCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Only successful candidates will be contacted
Job Location Butiama Tanzania
Position Type Full-Time/Regular