NAFASI ZA KAZI THE AGA KHAN FOUNDATION
NAFASI ZA KAZI PROGRAMME MANAGER & PROGRAMME OFFICER, AGRICULTURE AND ECONOMIC INCLUSION - THE AGA KHAN FOUNDATION, TUMA MAOMBI KABLA YA TAREHE 29 NOVEMBER 2017
Programme Manager, Economic Inclusion
Position title: Programme Manager, Economic Inclusion Reports to: Director of Programme
Do you have the creativity, maturity and drive to develop new and innovative economic inclusion programs, mobilise resources, manage a sizeable portfolio of projects, and foster productive partnerships with diverse stakeholders in Tanzania? If yes, then apply for this position.
AKF Tanzania is searching for a dynamic Program Manager for its Economic Inclusion thematic portfolio based in Dar es Salaam. This position is part of AKF Tanzania's senior management team and provides an exciting opportunity to oversee arid shape the Foundation's programming portfolio in agricultural market systems, enterprise development, and financial inclusion in Tanzania and across East Africa.
This portfolio comprises of market systems development projects and innovative mobile money based initiatives that AKF-facilitates through private sector partnerships.
The Program Manager will also be responsible for driving an ambitious resource mobilisation effort for AKF's economic and agriculture sector programming in Tanzania.
Reporting to the Director of Program, the Program Manager will be assisted by a Program Officer in managing and growing the portfolio.
Background: The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to problems that impede social and economic development in selected areas of Africa and Asia. AKF Tanzania is part of the AKF East Africa regional structure that implements programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
YOU MAY ALSO READ
In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in economic inclusion, food security and agriculture, education, early childhood development, health, and civil society strengthening.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Effectively mobilise resources for new and existing projects within the economic inclusion and agriculture sectors through the development of high quality funding proposals
• Oversee management of the existing economic inclusion portfolio of six projects, currently focused in Lindi, Mtwara, Morogoro, and Arusha regions of Tanzania, ensuring all grant management requirements including work-planning, budgeting and accountability, monitoring and reporting, are met with quality assurance standards. Build and maintain a broad network of external partnerships with national government, parastatal, donors, private sector, civil society organisations and other partners
• Support development' of quality learning and communications materials including policy briefs and case studies to inform policies, programs, and practices
• Minimum of a Master's degree in international development, business, or a related field
• At least six years of solid experience working in the international development sector, with specific experience in resource mobilisation and rural economic development
• Program development experience with ability to write strong proposals and responsive bids for new programs on market systems development, agri-business/enterprise development, value chain development, and financial inclusion
• Exceptional English communications skills, able to make strong oral presentations and produce high quality written reports, concept notes and proposals
• Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, ability to network with a range of development partners and organisations
• Solid experience on grant management, including work-planning, M&E, report writing, preparation and monitoring of budgets
• Thorough understanding of the global and national efforts on rural economic development
• Experience working in Tanzania or East Africa will be highly preferred
• Strong leadership, teamwork and management skills
• Ability to multi-task and work on tight timelines
• Knowledge of Kiswahili will be an advantage
Programme Officer, Agriculture and Economic Inclusion
Position title: Programme Officer, Agriculture and Economic Inclusion
Reports to: Programme Manager, Economic Inclusion
Are you interested in working on agriculture value chain development, micro-small and medium enterprise development, and financial inclusion for rural communities? Do you have a passion for project planning, report writing, tracking progress of projects on agriculture value chains and economic inclusion that aim to empower women, youth, and rural communities? If yes, then apply for this position,
AKF Tanzania is searching for a dynamic Program Officer for its Agriculture and Economic Inclusion portfolio, The Programme Officer is part of AKF Tanzania's country team and will work under the supervision of Program Manager, Economic Inclusion to coordinate grants through project tracking, reporting, monitoring, research, communications, compliance, and proposal development The current economic inclusion and agriculture portfolio includes 6 projects funded by a range of bl- and multi-lateral donors and foundations in the following areas:
• Agriculture value chain development and market system strengthening projects (horticulture, rice, pulses, sunflower, sesame and poultry value chains) with a strong emphasis on youth and women"
• Private sector engagement and shared value
• Innovation for financial inclusion through mobile money
Background: The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to problems that impede social and economic development in selected areas of Africa and Asia. AKF Tanzania is part of the
AKF East Africa regional structure that implements programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in economic inclusion, food security and agriculture, education, early childhood development, health, and civil society strengthening,
Specific Responsibilities include:
Grants Management and Compliance
• Ensure high quality grant management and compliance of donor grants on agriculture value chains and economic inclusion;
• Identify and address grant compliance issues with the relevant departments within AKF, team members and grantee and collaborate to ensure these are overcome;
• Coordinate with the field office project teams, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team, and finance.to ensure timely submission of high quality narrative reports, work plans, and any other necessary documents;
• Work with partners and consortia, as well as M&E and field teams, to develop high quality reports, workplans and project documents;
• Organise and coordinate project review meetings to track progress and follow up on critical issues together with different units (Finance, M&E, Procurement);
• Manage the grant tracking system and coordinate a quarterly meeting of the country level programmes team to critically assess progress and issues;
• Centralise and manage grants and partner contracts,
• Support the Economic Inclusion & Agriculture portfolio to develop high quality programmes and proposals to raise funds for continued impactful programming;
• Keep abreast of economic landscape in Tanzania and trends in rural economic development, youth inclusion, women's economic empowerment, innovation for financial inclusion, including government policy changes and development discourse;
• Scan and identify new opportunities in the economic inclusion and agriculture sector for funding,
• Must have at least a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Agriculture, Business, Management, Development, Social Studies, or similar; Master's degree will be preferred
• At least three years of solid experience working on donor-funded agriculture value chain, enterprise development or related projects
• Knowledge of economic development, market systems development, agriculture value chains and gender equality
• Must have very strong writing and communications skills in English
• Must have experience of writing narrative progress reports, workplans, and project implementation plans for donor-funded projects
• Must have experience of working with development partners, especially donors and government
• Ability to multi-task and work on tight timelines
How TO APPLY
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity should submit a cover letter explaining why they are best suited for this particular position, CV (not exceeding 4 pages) and the names and contact information of three professional referees by 29th November, 2017, to the Country Director- Aga Khan Foundation , Tanzania, by email to
email@example.com . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Guardian 15/11/2017