Job Opportunity at Vodacom Tanzania
Senior Specialist: Network Architect - NET231
Planning, Designing, Optimization and Capacity management of Mobile Core Network and VAS systems that will deliver business technology strategies.
Ensure that resilience principles are managed and implemented by the technology teams through risk reviews and design network that will reduce risks on single point of failures (SPOF). Ensure that adequate resilience and redundancy arrangements are in place for current and future technologies. Develop and facilitate end-to-end testing strategies to ensure auditable and proven recovery capability for critical services.
1. Resilience Governance: Implement and maintain technology resilience policy controls and ensure resilience planning is part of standard operations process and procedures.
2. Network Design: Define Network evolution roadmap in line with Vodacom Group recommendations, local business strategy and technology trends with resilience in mind.
3. Incident Management: Provide support for incident management related to critical network elements operations and maintenance - escalation, reporting, updating, root cause analysis and recommendation.
4. Resilience Management: Ensure technology risks and associated single point of failures (SPOF) are evaluated, managed, monitored and mitigated in cooperation with the technology owners.
5. Capacity Management: Drive end-to-end processes and procedures to manage Network capacities and capabilities.
6. Operations Management: Ensure that all operational activities are compliant to EMF standards, health and safety standards, security and other required regulations in the country.
7. BCM / DRP: Ensure network design alignment and adherence to the company BCM / DRP policy and strategy by ensuring resiliency and acceptable redundancy in the network topology.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
-Degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications
-Advanced knowledge of mobile telecommunications network architectures / technologies
-Additional professional relevant certifications will be an advantage
-Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Telecommunications Operational Management
-Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Mobile Core Networks
-IT& Billing technology experience will be an added advantage
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Closing Date : 03-Dec-17, 8:59:00 PM