Head of Recovery at Akiba Commercial Bank, April 2018
This is your opportunity to work with a leading Financial Services provider to the Microfinance and SME sectors in Tanzania. Akiba Commercial bank Plc guarantees you to achieve your personal and career aspirations in a dynamic enabling environment.
HEAD OF RECOVERY
The position is instrumental to the formulation and implementation of strategy in the areas of systems and processes to enhance efficient operations of the Recovery Unit. In this regard, the incumbent in will be responsible for proactive monitoring/supervision of non-performing asset, setting and implementing recovery strategies as well as strengthening the arrears management culture within the Bank.
• Lead achievement of recovery targets to contribute to organization's financial performance.
• Monitoring and supervising the daily collection of delinquent accounts.
• Supervise the work of debt collectors and auctioneers to optimize performance and maximize results.
• Inform senior management of general collection trends and specific collection issues.
• Ensure enhancement of recovery rates to ensure continued profitability of business.
• Ensure that all risks are identified, assessed and/or reported and appropriate actions are recommended for protecting the organization's interest.
• Ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and internal controls to protect the organization's interest.
• Take over assets deemed non-performing or impaired or in risk of becoming non-performing or impaired from Portfolio Officers in a structured and documented fashion.
• Analyze non-performing and impaired or potentially non-performing and impaired transactions. This includes financial and legal due diligence analysis.
• Determine, document and present the best course of action in terms of recovery strategy (e.g. sale, restructuring, or any combination thereof) and seek respective approval authority within the Bank.
• Prepare recovery plans to include recommendations on when to realize losses, release any rights/security interests, and make material changes in transactions.
• Recommend inputs to new policies, systems and processes considering current and future client needs.
• To ensure efficient follow-up of severe cases of arrears of loans repayment to reach a realistic and affordable repayment plan which is informed where possible by an accurate financial statement.
• To advise the management of issues affecting the debt recovery process.
• Supervision of staff to ensure that business targets of the Department are achieved.
• University graduate preferably in Banking/Business/Management:
• A minimum of 7 years of banking experience 5 years of which in a managerial position.
• Familiarity with portfolio management concepts and the analytical tools needed to perform the associated analyses.
• Experience in managing MSME restructurings. including but not limited to remedial management activities such as debt re-profiling, recapitalization, pre and post-default operational restructuring, distressed asset management.
• Proven ability to evaluate distressed facilities.
• Familiarity with industry best practice in recovery.
• Excellent knowledge and demonstrated track record in all areas of credit risk management of individual transactions.
• Proven ability to capture the essence in terms of risks of transactions under review.
• Familiarity with risk rating methodologies, risk management frameworks, and relevant risk-related policies.
If you meet the above requirements and ready for great challenges, mail:
• Covering letter and
• Your Curriculum vitae
To firstname.lastname@example.org by May 8, 2018
Source: The Guardian April 25, 2018