Organ : EAC Secretariat
Grade : P1
Office : Office of the Secretary General
Job reports to : Principal Internal Auditor
To conduct independent risk-based internal audits of the EAC Organs and
Institutions projects and programmes so as to identify any weaknesses and in consultation with the auditor-in-charge propose recommendations for improvement.
- To assist in planning for normal, snap and follow-up reviews and carry out the fieldwork once plan is approved by the Principal Internal Auditor.
- Carry out audit procedures for any segment of an audit under supervision from the auditor-in-charge.
- Interpret results of audit work performed, determine internal control weaknesses, and propose recommendations for consideration by the auditor-in-charge.
- Properly document work performed and drawing conclusions based on the objective of carrying out the work.
Maintain current and permanent audit files.
- Continue professional development through on-the-job training, self-study, and internal and external audit courses as they become available.
- To analyze and document audit findings in accordance with International standards for Professional Practices of Internal Auditing issued by the institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Carry out audit of donor funds and projects to ensure strict adherence of the terms of project/financing agreements.
- Carry out special audits and investigations as may be directed by head of internal audit and management.
- To prepare the audit reports.
- To identify gaps and propose for consideration desirable updates to the audit programs and audit manual to the Principal Internal Audit.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Internal Audit.
Possess a first degree in business or economics, with specialty in accounting or related discipline from a recognized university.
Must possess a professional Accounting Qualification such as ACCA, CPA (U), CPA (K), CPA (T) and or any other relevant Professional Qualification in Similar Field.
Minimum five (5) years audit experience with knowledge in accounting principles, audit techniques, Internal Auditing standards.
Experience using computer aided audit techniques will be addedAdvantage.
- Knowledge and experience in using any of the accounting packages;
- Advanced skills in using MS Office packages (Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint);
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written and presentation);
- Advanced level of organization and planning skills;
- Excellent analytical and numerical, and investigative skills;
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards.
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once .
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover. The terms and conditions for the project position will be determined as per agreement between EAC and Development Partner .
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned positions are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and copy of National Identity Card, or Birth Certificate or Passport showing date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
East African Community
P. O. Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Website : www.eac.int