Job Opportunity at Britam Tanzania, Underwriting Assistant
Underwriting Assistant - (18000014)
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
Reviewing proposal forms, verifying client’s data, assessing the proposed risk within set standards, counterchecking the terms of the policy as well as reviewing the conditions of the policy
1. Assess the proposed risk within set standards
2. Keep detailed and accurate records of policies underwritten and decisions made
3. Review proposal forms
4. Release policy documents, endorsements, valuation report to clients
5. Communicate with clients on the renewal terms
6. Maintain high standards of customer service - responding to clients enquiries; (walk-in clients, telephone and emails)
7. Liaise with intermediaries and direct clients on issues relating to their policies
8. Apply the credit control policy by ensuring that debit/credit notes raised are mailed and that they reach the clients/intermediaries within the shortest time possible.
9. Issue policy documents of general business
10. Generate renewal notices for all renewal business
Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Performance Measures
Renewal retention ratio
Customer turnaround time
Compliance to underwriting standards
Accountable to the Assistant Underwriting Manager-Direct
Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
Insurance sector players
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
1. Bachelor’s degree (insurance option preferred)
2. At least one experience in the insurance industry
3. Experience in customer, market and competitor understanding
4. Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
5. Knowledge of Britam products
1. Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
2. Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
3. Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
4. Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
5. Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
6. Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam-Dar es Salaam
Organization: International Insurance Business
Job Type: Temporary
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 04-05-2018
Unposting Date: 18-05-2018
Number of Openings: 1