Position: Welding Coordinator
Summary of Role
This is an expatriate position, fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our Sabodala mine site in Senegal.
Reporting to the HV Superintendent and in cooperation with the Supervisors and Team members, this position requires a self-motivated individual to design, implement and oversee the life cycle strategies of equipment in line with the asset management system,plan and schedule repairs to ensure a sustainable high level of welding repairs and maintenance is accomplished.
• This position requires a lead by example approach to ensure best practice solutions are implemented as a team effort to encourage growth within the organisation.
• The fleet consists of regular mining equipment, facilities and infrastructure currently supporting workshop and infield repairs.
• The elected candidate should provide interactive positive systems to enable asset management and equipment health standards to world class levels of performance and reliability.
• Ensure that all maintenance is performed in a safe and cost-effective manner through the efficient use of available resources (personnel and equipment).
• Work collaboratively with the wider Mobile Maintenance department and other departments, such as Drilling operations, Supply, Training and Development, Technical Services and Contract departments to achieve all objectives as directed.
• Ensure that all staff conduct themselves in a safe manner in accordance with company policies, procedures and benchmark a ‘Take 5’ and Duty of Care safety focus.
• Participate in the skills development training and succession planning program for National employees.
• Apply industry best practice preventative maintenance and repair techniques.
• Minimise the impact of unplanned maintenance on mining and plant production targets.
• Investigate possible bottlenecks, areas of concern, existing practices and source engineering solutions to benefit equipment availability. Must be dependable, dedicated to getting the job done correctly, and use time wisely.
• Adopt a problem-solving attitude to new situations and challenges.
• Need to be open to changes and new ideas.
• Ability to satisfactorily work with others respectfully and professionally in a team environment, and provide reasonable instructions, training, and supervision.
Required Skills & Experience
• Minimum of 15 years of experience maintaining mobile and mining equipment
• 5 Years experience supervising a mobile maintenance or welding team in a developing country (preferably Africa)
• Posses a formal certification qualification with experience in welding maintenance and manufacturing field
• Current Coded Welder certification
• Experienced using a CMMS to provide accurate prediction of future activities and costs. Pronto experience will be preferred
• Driver’s License essential
• NDT ability is preferred with the ability to reduce downtime events and improve reliability of equipment.
How to Apply
If you are having difficulties applying, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org