Position: Data System/MIS Interns
Job ID 13-10508
Location Tanzania – Dodoma
Reports To MIS Specialist
MSH seeks to recruit highly motivated interns for the Tanzania Technical Support Services (TSSP) Project funded by the Centres for Disease Control and prevention (CDC). The intern will work closely with MIS Specialist under the Tanzania Technical Support Services Project (TSSP) Program to support Client Level Data Systems (CLDS) initiatives under the project. The intern will provide support in implementation of Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Shared Health Record (SHR) and other health information exchange digital initiatives. He/She will assist in all planning, monitoring, documentation, and reporting activities relevant to designated program activities.
• Assist to define new emerging requirements to guide Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and automated reporting solutions.
• Assist to provide technical support to users of EMR system in health facilities.
• Support training of health facilities staff on the use of EMR system.
• Support the establishment of Shared Heath Records and health information exchange services.
• Assist to provide support in troubleshooting connectivity issues.
• Assist in documentation and report sharing on workable success stories and best practices on TSSP interventions.
• Collaborate with senior technical staff for the development and/or the review of technical reports arising from literature reviews, research or technical assistance activities
• Assist designated senior technical staff in monitoring and reporting on specific activities, deliverables and indicators
• Provide writing and analytical assistance as needed to produce special reports and documents aimed for publication
• Perform other duties appropriate to the position as assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designate.
Qualifications and Experience
Recent graduates with degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, ICT, computer engineering or relevant fields.
Strong competencies in technical writing and good oral communication is required with ability to develop technical briefs.
Ability to write lucid technical reports and documents in English is required.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work effectively in a team spirit.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Reports To: Country Project Director
SOURCE: MSH Website